Tuesday, April 3, 2012

April Color Palette Challenge...hmmm.

Judy at http://www.patchworktimes.com/and Vicki at http://vickiwelsh.typepad.com/ host the Color Palette Challenge.  I have viewed the color palette creations over the last several months and have become increasingly enticed.  The April palette is shown here (you may want to read about the story behind the picture/palette on Judy's blog):
Finally, I decided to at least pull the fabric for April, and here is what I was able to find in my stash:
In the mix are at least one Hoffman, several Jinny Beyer prints, 3Sisters, Moda Marble, and a few that didn't offer up any clues (as in the selvage was gone and the fabric has been in the stash awhile.

After pulling these fabrics, I found a few fat quarters of Kaufman Fusion that seemed right for the mix and added them to the warm side:
Don't know if I'll use everything in the pictures, but it gives me a place to begin.  If I find the energy and time to go forward with a quilt design and project, and if I want to use the light green-blue colorway, I'll have to purchase something that will fill in this colorway, since what I have on hand is only a small bit of fabric.  This exercise really helps to illuminate the colors that are missing from my stash (doesn't seem possible considering the abundant store of fabrics I have).  Anyway, the next step is to scan fabric and play with EQ7 to design something worthy...or at least fun!

I just realized that one of the pillowcases I made this weekend failed to make an appearance on my last blog entry.  Will have to remedy that soon.  It's the one made from a kit of fabric gifted to me by my DS for BD 61.  Donna and I had such a wonderful time at DS's house in July 2011, making the rounds of fabric/yard stores (as many as possible) in the tri-state area around Rochester, MN, where we saw the kit.

1 comment:

  1. Smashing, excited to see what design you decide upon. I love those pallettes from photos. Got a picture I'd like to do that with if I can figure out how.

    ReplyDelete